Picking the right real estate school is vital for your real estate career. From flexible online classes to live streams, these schools offer everything you need to become a real estate agent.
Kansas has been included in the top ten housing markets for buyers, and the real estate industry is booming in the state. According to indeed, the average salary of a Kansas real estate agent is $100,333 per year. Thus, getting a Kansas real estate license can be really beneficial for your career growth.
I have compiled a list of the best real estate schools in Olathe, Kansas, to help you get your Kansas real estate license. Plus, I’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each school so that you can compare the options and then can choose the best one. After reading this post, you’ll be able to:
- Pick a Kansas real estate school that best suits your requirements
- Learn how to obtain a Kansas real estate license
- Compare the best real estate schools in Kansas
What Are the Best Real Estate Schools in Olathe, Kansas?
The best real estate schools in Olathe, Kansas, are the Real Estate Express and The CE Shop. Besides that, if you want to find the best real estate school, you must thoroughly research and evaluate your options and know your choices. Hundreds of such schools in every state offer different teaching styles and formats. If you’re looking for real estate schools in Olathe, Kansas, you must know Kansas law and the rules and regulations. For instance, the Kansas Real Estate Commission (KREC) requires 12 hours of continuing education to earn a broker or salesperson license or 60 hours of prelicensing education for the Kansas real estate license.
Following are the best online real estate schools in Kansas to help you get your real estate course and prelicensing education. In the end, you’ll be able to choose the best Kansas real estate school that enables you to understand real estate law.
Best for Flexible and Multiple Learning
Real Estate Express is my top pick as it offers multiple course formats for learning. Besides that, the school has a pass or don’t pay guarantee.
- Best For: Flexible and Multiple Learning
- Price: $146.30 for pre-licensing
Real Estate Express is a national chain of schools spread across the country that help their students become real estate agents by learning the license law and Kansas principles. The real estate school offers online courses for the residents of Kansas City or Overland Park and provides one of the best self-paced courses.
The school is best for agents who want career assistance post-licensing. After you’ve passed the state licensing exam, Real Estate Express allows you to build your real estate career. The school follows all the proper rules and regulations that the Kansas real estate commission sets. Plus, if you’re willing to have multiple courses, you’ll get a variety of options to choose from.
- There are a variety of courses available in all 50 states, which include individual courses and packages.
- The courses are fully accredited by IDECC and ARELLO and have excellent ratings by students.
- The school offers an interactive platform that also offers progress tracking and instructor assistance.
- There are options for self-paced learning and live streaming, along with exclusive content and printable chapters.
- The school offers an Instructor Q & A feature. With this feature, students can interact with instructors that have real-life experience in the industry.
- The school allows you to purchase individual courses and offers 24/7 access.
- There are packages that contain Question and Answer sessions, and the ‘Exam Prep Master’ feature allows you to practice better.
You can choose from the four packages according to your budget as a Kansas student. The Ultimate Learning Package includes pre-license courses, practice courses, exam prep, real estate ebooks, live exam crammer series, Instructor Q & A, and a State approved instructor. The other courses don’t include Instructor Q & A and the live exam crammer series.
What I Like
I like that the platform offers an easy-to-navigate dashboard and interactive elements. Plus, the school also helps you get clients when you become an agent.
What I Dislike
I think there should be a ‘Pass Guarantee’ for the basic package too.
2. The CE Shop
Best for Self-Paced Education
The CE Shop is my second pick, as it offers knowledgeable real estate courses that help in the long run.
Best For: Self-Paced Education
The CE Shop offers pre-licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation courses to meet the education requirements of this field. The Kansas real estate school offers courses for every level of real estate career. Their continuing education classes are available for all 50 states, including Kansas real estate. The school also offers customizable courses, and there are interactive features that help you take classes comfortably and learn about the Kansas principles in depth. In short, the CEO shop will help you with its knowledgeable real estate course and license law if you want to become a millionaire real estate agent.
- There are customizable courses that include national and a state-approved curriculum.
- The school offers a self-paced format, and all of the courses are available online 24/7 to the users.
- The website has interactive elements and free resources in the Agent Essentials and Mortgage Essentials section to help you out.
- The school provides industry leading courses that make online learning easy according to state regulatory requirements.
- There are affordable individual CE courses with various promotions and discounts for students.
- The school offers an intuitive tracking feature that allows you to check the progress of the courses so that you better manage the topics.
The pre-licensing course packages offered by The CE Shop include four options. The Courses-only package is the cheapest and is $149.25.
What I Like
I like that the courses at this real estate school are optimized for tablets, smartphones, and computers. Thus, you can obtain classes whenever and wherever you want to. Their course content includes images, videos, and a mix of text.
What I Dislike
There are no broker pre-licensing courses. Besides that, I think there should be more variety when it comes to the course format.
Best for Exam Prep
Mbition is one of my top picks as it provides career resources for new and experienced real estate agents.
Best For: Exam Preparation
Mbition was formerly known as OnCourse Learning, but it changed to Mbition in 2020, and now it’s a part of The CE Shop. Their course offerings help aspiring real estate agents. The prelicensing packages offered by Mbition are available in various categories: silver, gold, and platinum. Besides that, the key features of this Kansas real estate school include e-books and written material, a question bank, fair housing practices, MathMaster and other tools for learning, and proctors for final tests. With all these tests, it gets easier for aspiring real estate agents to prepare for the course’s final exam. The school follows all the Kansas principles regarding real estate careers and is perfect for aspiring agents.
- They provide up-to-date online real estate licensing courses that are in compliance with state-approved material.
- The school offers easy and interactive courses with an intelligent learning management system that gives the opportunity to the students to combine technology with learning techniques.
- The school has a user-friendly platform with flexible schedules and 24/7 access to all the courses.
- They offer a 3-month extension for those who need more time. It is very handy for those who want to prepare for an exam again.
- They offer a 5-day risk-free trial during which you can access all the content to understand the method of teaching.
- The platform has one of the highest pass rates in the industry.
You can browse through the course categories, and after choosing the one you want, you’ll be redirected to The CE shop for packages, courses, and prices. There you can choose any package for your requirements. For instance, the pre-licensing package starts at $149.25 for the 60-hours courses.
What I Like
I appreciate that the courses offered by Mbition are easy and interactive. Plus, the school offers a user-friendly interface to the students.
What I Dislike
I wish that there was a mobile app that could make it easier to take classes. Besides that, the customer support should be improved.
Best for Budget
PDH real estate academy is a real estate school that offers amazing instructor support, and its courses are very affordable.
Best For: Budget
Pricing: $123.50 for pre-licensing
The PDH Real Estate Academy offers pre-licensing courses to obtain a real estate license, and there are many extra features that are unique to this school. The real estate school has two packages to offer, and through them, it gives lifetime access to the materials. So even after you become a real estate agent, you can study from the materials provided by the school anytime.
The PDH Real Estate Academy employs knowledgeable and experienced agents that teach you how to acquire a Kansas real estate license and understand Kansas real estate principles. They also provide access to real estate e-books and have over 800 practice questions that will help you prepare for the course’s final exam.
- The school offers lifetime access to content through which you can go back and study the course material whenever you want.
- There is a 30-hour principle of real estate course to help you become a real estate agent in Kansas.
- The school has industry-leading instructors that provide expertise and support to the students.
- The school offers courses that are available on all devices, and the courses are up-to-date, which means you get authentic information to prepare.
- There are stimulated exam preparation and practice quizzes along with a pass guarantee.
The school offers two packages, and the basic pre-licensing package is now available at $123.50 at a discount. The premium pre-license package is an all-inclusive one that includes exam prep too. This package is currently available at $156 after a discount. Besides that, the Kansas exam prep course is $99.
What I Like
I really like that PDH real estate academy offers lifetime access to materials. Plus, their courses are very affordable, and the packages are straightforward.
What I Dislike
I think there should be more resources, such as printed textbooks, to help the students better understand the concepts. Besides that, the school offers a Pass Guarantee for the Gold Package only, which should be extended to other packages too.
Best for In-Person Learning
Career Education Systems is one of my picks as it provides education for all stages of a career.
Best For: In-Person Learning
Pricing: $195 for pre-licensing
The Career Education System offers in-person and online learning to those looking forward to obtaining a Kansas real estate license. This real estate school has been in operation for more than three decades and has highly-rated professionals that teach their real estate courses. The overall prices offered by the real estate school are very affordable for the courses. One of the best features of this school is that you have various learning options; you can either take the classes online or, if you’re in Kansas, you can attend in person too.
The Kansas real estate commission oversees the activities related to real estate licenses in the state and the schools there, and the CES real estate school follows the rules and regulations set by the real estate commission.
- The school offers education for all stages of real estate license with comprehensive financing options.
- The school provides self-paced learning with all the tools and training resources that you need for licensing education.
- The school has trained more than 50,000 students to become successful real estate agents.
- There are flexible and engaging courses with a pass guarantee.
- The school has three decades of experience in schooling and well-qualified and professional instructors.
The price of education depends on the course you choose. Plus, in-person classes are more expensive as they cost $200 for a course, be it broker, salesperson, or continuing education. The price of the course includes materials too. On the other hand, online classes are $195 per course.
What I Like
I like that the school assists people who want to develop a new career in the Kansas real estate field. If, as a student, you don’t pass the final exam, you can do the exam preparation again by re-accessing the course.
What I Dislike
I think that the courses should be more flexible. For instance, they should allow students to take classes from mobile apps too.
How Much Does a Kansas Real Estate License Cost?
Getting a Kansas real estate license will cost around $400 to $500. A major portion of the total cost of getting a license depends on the pre-licensing courses. Apart from the pre-licensing courses, there are other fees too that add to the total cost of getting a real estate license. For instance, the exam fees, background checks, license fees, and license application fees.
How Hard Is the Kansas Real Estate License Exam?
The Kansas real estate exam isn’t easy, and you must spend lots of hours preparing for it. The exam consists of 110 questions which include 80 national and 30 state questions. The minimum score required to pass the exam is 70%, and the time to attempt the exam is 4 hours.
Whether you’re planning to go into commercial real estate sales or understand the Kansas principles, a well-known and reliable Kansas real estate school will help you do that. The schools that we’ve reviewed in this post are professional, and they follow the rules and regulations set by the Kansas real estate commission. Besides that, good real estate companies like Keller Williams will help you expand your reach.
No matter which real estate school you choose, you must first determine what you want to do in the real estate industry in terms of specialization. A good real estate school can help you become a successful real estate agent, but first, you must study hard and understand the real estate business; there are no shortcuts to developing a real estate career!