It is essential to pick the right real estate school as it plays a vital role in your real estate career. The right real estate school will give you the knowledge and skills required in the real estate industry.
If you want to know my top picks for the real estate schools in Tampa, they are Florida Real Estate School and the Tampa School of Real Estate.
The real estate business has seen quite a big change in Tampa this year. Currently, the Median home value is $415,484, and 1,314.2 homes sold this year. New listings have increased by 12.9% than the previous year. Besides that, the average salary of a real estate agent in Tampa is $79,412 per year. These real estate agents completed their pre-licensing course from well-known schools in Tampa, passed the real estate exam, and got their licenses. Now they are earning well as realtors in Tampa.
To help others choose the right real estate school according to their requirements, I’ve jotted down a comprehensive list of schools. In these reviews, I’ll discuss everything about real estate schools so that you can easily find out if they meet your requirements. Once you’ve read this post, you’ll be able to:
- Determine your requirements for the real estate school
- Learn about the pre-licensing requirements in Tampa, Florida
- Pick the most suitable option for your real estate education
What are the Best Real Estate Schools in Tampa, Florida?
The best real estate schools in Tampa are Florida Real Estate School and Tampa School of Real Estate. These schools have different programs that allow real estate students to learn according to their requirements. For example, students who want to learn at their own pace can choose online self-paced options. On the other hand, students who want to learn under the guidance of an instructor can choose instructor-led online courses.
Through these schools, you can complete a 63-hour pre-licensing course which is mandatory for getting a license. Once you’ve completed the course, you can apply for the real estate exam. You’ll get the license after you’ve cleared the real estate exam, after which you’ll be able to work as a real estate agent in Tampa. The following are my top picks for the best real estate schools in Tampa:
Florida Real Estate School is my top pick because it offers excellent instructor support to the students.
- Best for Interactive courses
- Price: $179 for pre-licensing
Florida Real Estate School provides online courses for obtaining a Florida real estate license. Besides pre-licensing, they also provide post-licensing, exam prep, and license renewal. A school is a perfect option for those aspiring agents who want to learn at their pace from an online education provider and work as a real estate agent in Tampa.
The instructors give live lectures to explain the core concepts of real estate through video links. The school also offers 24/7 access to the instructors so that the students can discuss their queries anytime. Signing up on this platform is easy, and the school provides immediate access to the course after signing up.
- The school offers three packages for the pre-licensing courses, which include Basic, Value, and Unlimited.
- The exam prep packages include a cram course that costs $124.95. It includes live dedicated instructor support and hundreds of practice questions and answers.
- The school offers a 40% discount through Sunday. The offer is for all types of courses, including pre-licensing packages.
- There are online on-demand courses through which students can complete their courses quickly within a few days.
- The value and unlimited packages are comprehensive and include all instructor support, digital flashcards, and math-made simple ebook.
- There are additional educational sources and bookstores that help the students learn about real estate concepts.
Florida Real Estate School offers the basic package for $179.99, including a 63-hour pre-licensing course. The Unlimited Course is $359.99, and it includes exam prep too. This package also allows unlimited end-of-course exam attempts.
What I Like
I like that the Florida Real Estate School offers a demo class for pre-licensing. This is a beneficial feature as it allows the students to see whether the teaching method is according to their requirements.
What I Dislike
I believe that the school should have campus locations in Tampa. This would help those students that prefer a schedule for getting an education. Besides that, the school doesn’t have a mobile app. A mobile app makes it more convenient for students to get a real estate education.
Best for In-Person Classes
Tampa School of Real Estate offers the best classroom environment. It is a good pick for those looking for a structured schedule and in-person meetings with the instructors.
- Best for classroom environment
- Price: $297 for an online pre-licensing course
Tampa School of Real Estate provides online and in-person real estate classes to aspiring agents. The school has a majority of positive reviews from its students, who have expressed their satisfaction with their teaching methodology.
The school also provides courses in Spanish for people who want to get online Livestream classes. The video on-demand pre-licensing package is cheaper than the live stream. All of their courses are FREC (Florida Real Estate Commission) certified. The on-demand courses also include practice exams and knowledge checks. Overall, the school has all the courses and study aids to help the students get the Florida real estate license.
- The school is one of the highest-rated schools in Tampa with good ratings on various reliable platforms.
- The school offers one year of free instructor support, a one-year retake, and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- The in-person classes also include a textbook, digital materials, and a bonus that contains secrets of exams.
- The exam prep packages include a question simulator, pass first-try strategy, study essentials bundle, and on-demand weekend prep.
- The pre-licensing courses are available for on-demand, self-guided, and live-stream options.
The live stream classes for 63-hour pre-licensing courses cost $297. You can also choose to pay the fees in 4 interest-free installments of $74.25 each. The course includes Livestream classes on weekends. Besides that, the courses at class locations are more expensive. For instance, see the cost for the pre-licensing course at the New Tampa location:
What I Like
I appreciate that the school offers a 30-day refund policy. This could be helpful for those students who change their minds after purchasing any package from this school. Besides that, the school also offers an appreciable one-year retake guarantee.
What I Dislike
I think that the school should have more knowledgeable and professional instructors on their team. Having competent and expert instructors would help the students understand complex real estate terms.
Best for Schedule Flexibility
Premier Real Estate School of Tampa is my third pick because it offers a variety of schedule options for students.
- Best for a variety of schedules
- Price: $289 for pre-licensing
Premier Real Estate School of Tampa has various locations in Tampa, including North and South Tampa. They offer classes on weekdays and weekends and have different schedules for the students to choose from according to their convenience.
There are evening classes as well as daytime classes; however, the evening classes are available at Tampa and South Tampa locations. The pre-licensing course combines comprehensive lessons with creative activities to help real estate students learn easily. The most important course for getting a Florida real estate license is ‘Practices & Law’. This course helps understand the main concepts of Florida’s real estate laws.
- The school offers pre-licensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation packages.
- Their courses are approved by FREC and are delivered by licensed and professional real estate instructors.
- The school offers courses that include interactive courses, comprehensive exams, visually engaging educational graphics, and practice tests.
- Registering for the real estate pre-licensing courses is easy as their website is intuitive and user-friendly.
- The school provides 6-months of instructor support and a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- The state exam prep courses cost $49, which includes drill and practice Qbank that helps the students pass the real estate exams.
Premier Real Estate School of Tampa offers pre-licensing courses for $289. These courses are offered at classroom locations. The online courses for 63-hour pre-licensing are available at a lower cost, for $215.
What I Like
I appreciate that the school has arranged a very comfortable classroom environment for the real estate students. Their classrooms are spacious and well-equipped; this is a good option for all the students looking for a comfortable classroom environment.
What I Dislike
I think that the customer representatives should be more responsive and knowledgeable. For real estate students, their queries must be cleared right away.
Best for Budget
Colibri Real Estate is one of my best picks as it offers packages for everyone’s budget. If students only want to get the courses, they can pick the basic package.
- Best for instructor support
- Price: $83.40
Colibri Real Estate is available in all 40 states; their courses are ARELLO and IDECC certified. They offer entirely online courses and offer various packages that might suit anyone’s budget. If you live in Tampa and are looking for an option to get online pre-licensing courses, you can benefit from this school.
The most comprehensive package offered by this school is Ultimate Learning which includes all the materials and study aids you need to pass the exam. The package consists of state-approved instructor support and real estate ebooks. Their live exam crammer series includes six webinars of one-hour each, which instructors lead. The school is a good choice if you’re looking for a basic package that only offers real estate courses.
- Their website has an easy-to-use interface, making it easier for students to sign up for courses and get classes.
- The school allows the students to obtain online and Livestream classes at their own pace.
- There are four packages: The Basics, Exam Preparation, Exam Preparation Plus, and Ultimate Learning Package.
- The school offers flexible learning options for students; for instance, they can choose the self-paced online and Livestream. However, the students can choose only one option and not switch between the different formats.
- The school offers a Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee. This Guarantee is for those students who took an exam prep course and didn’t pass the exam.
Colibri Real Estate School offers a basic pre-licensing course for $83.40. This course includes only a 63-hour pre-licensing course. Ultimate Learning is the most popular package that includes instructor support, exam prep, a real estate dictionary, animated learning videos, and live crammer series.
What I Like
I like that the Colibri real estate school provides live Q&A chat, which is quite helpful for real estate students. Though this feature is not available for all the packages, if the students want to benefit from them, they can choose Ultimate Learning and Exam Preparation Plus.
What I Dislike
I dislike that the Colibri Real Estate School doesn’t provide any option to chat with a live instructor. The live Q&A chat is helpful, but it would be better if it were a live video chat as it would clear up more confusion.
Best for Career Building Packages
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate is one of my best picks because it offers excellent career-building support and guidance for pre-licensing and other courses.
- Best for instructor assistance
- Price: $249 for self-paced pre-licensing
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate offers online real estate education in Florida. The school provides self-paced and instructor-led courses to aspiring agents in Florida. You can choose pre-licensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam prep courses. Their website is a bit outdated and needs more detailed information on the courses and packages. However, there is state exam information on the site that will help you if you’re looking forward to applying for the Florida real estate exam. There is an online bookstore, too, which allows you to order real estate textbooks.
- The school offers four types of packages which include two main categories: self-paced and instructor-led packages.
- There are basic course packages and career-build packages for self-paced and instructor-led courses.
- The career-building packages include material and study aids, interactive study group access, audiobook, and State Exam Prep QBank Course.
- Besides real estate licenses, there are additional classes and courses for other real estate courses.
- The real estate accelerator includes eight-week coaching that provides business-building skills to real estate students.
The school offers two types of basic course packages for pre-licensing. The self-paced online course is $249, and the instructor-led pre-licensing course is $349. With the self-paced package, the basic course is available with a licensed instructor that answers your questions. However, with the instructor-led course, the instructor support is stronger.
What I Like
I like that the school offers a career-build package for the students to step into the real estate industry. Such packages are helpful for students who want a complete package to start their real estate careers.
What I Dislike
I believe that the school could offer pre-licensing courses at more reasonable rates. In Tampa, students have more affordable pre-licensing courses and exam prep options. Our top choice is much more reasonable than Bob Hogue Real Estate School.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Getting a Florida Real Estate License Easy?
Obtaining a Florida Real Estate License is not easy. You must clear the Florida real estate exam, which consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. You have a time of 3.5 hours to complete the exam. The real estate exam consists of real estate laws, mathematics, and various real estate terms.
According to statistics, only 50% to 60% of students pass the exam every year. To clear the exam, you should score at least 75 out of 100. To do so, you must do a lot of study, research, and practice before attempting the exam. Taking exam preparation courses from a well-known school helps in this case.
How Long Does it Take to Become a Real Estate Agent in Florida?
Florida real estate pre-license course is 63 hours long. Different schools provide different options and times to complete these courses.
If you want to complete the course quickly, you can choose schools that allow you to finish the course within a few days. It generally takes around 2 to 5 months to complete the pre-licensing course.
If you take the classes on weekends only, it might take around 5 to 6 months to complete the course.
Can a Student Take State Exams Online?
Yes, students can attempt real estate exams online too. The option to attempt the Florida real estate exam online is available through OnVUE. In this type of exam, an online instructor keeps an eye on you through a webcam. You can take this exam from anywhere on a laptop. Besides that, the test centers are located throughout Florida, including Tampa, where you can attempt the exam in person.
There are many real estate schools in Tampa, but a few provide high-quality education. If you’re willing to get a real estate education, you must wisely pick the best real estate school according to your requirements. In this post, I’ve reviewed the best real estate schools you must consider if you live in Tampa. These schools offer a variety of learning methods, user-friendly platforms, and comprehensive packages that will help you get a Florida real estate license. I hope you can easily pick one school to start your pre-licensing course.