Picking the best real estate school is necessary if you want to market yourself as a real estate agent. From fulfilling career options to flexible and customized real estate courses, real estate schools are in great demand. In this post, I have lined up the six best real estate schools and my top three choices.
Want to know my top picks right away? My favorite real estate schools in Louisiana are Donaldson Real Estate School and Real Estate Express.
Real Estate School allows you to get properly licensed if you want to work as a real estate agent in Louisiana. If you live in Louisiana, you’re fortunate as there are plenty of top-notch real estate schools. Louisiana’s economy is booming, and the real estate business has also seen modest gains. Since there is plenty of demand for buying and selling homes, the need for professional and skilled real estate agents has also increased. According to a report, the homes in Louisiana are selling five days faster and $7,660 more than the yearly average. So, this is the right time to start your career!
If you decide to pursue a real estate career in Louisiana, I’ve got you covered. I’ve reviewed the most popular and well-known real estate schools in Louisiana. After reading this post, you’ll be able to:
- Choose one best real estate school in Louisiana
- Compare the different schools and their offerings
- Determine the price to get a real estate license from other schools
What are the Best Real Estate Schools in Louisiana?
The best real estate schools in Louisiana are Donaldson Real Estate School, Real Estate Express, Bob Brooks School of Real Estate, and more. These real estate schools are state-approved and offer 90 hours of pre-licensing courses to clear the real estate exam in Louisiana. After completing a pre-licensing course from an excellent real estate school, you can apply for the state exam. Besides that, Louisiana also requires you to have a sponsoring broker. An outstanding online real estate school will allow you to meet all the requirements of the Louisiana real estate commission to get your license and start your new career. Moreover, it will enable you to learn real estate courses in your home. You can also choose from different formats, which include Livestream classes, on-demand videos, and self-paced education.
Donaldson Real Estate School is my top pick as it offers online and in-person classes in Metairie, Louisiana. The school provides excellent flexibility to students who have busy schedules.
- Best For In-Person Classes
- Price: $175 for online pre-licensing, $545 for the in-person pre-licensing course
Donaldson Real Estate School is one of the best real estate schools in Metairie, Louisiana. It has provided real estate education for over four decades to Louisiana’s people. The school offers a variety of license prep course formats that allow you to complete the pre-licensing course quickly within a month. Besides online classes, the school also provides in-person options. It has four classroom locations in Louisiana, and one of them is in Metairie. Apart from the pre-licensing course, you can choose other courses, including continuing education, post licensing courses, and agent coaching from Donaldson Educational services.
- Online class format options include virtual classes and online self-study for all courses.
- Donaldson Real Estate School campuses are located in Metairie, Baton Rouge, Northshore, and Shreveport.
- Their pre-licensing courses have different packages according to the days of access; you can choose from the 30, 90, and 180-days access plans.
- You can choose online self-study, live virtual classes, or in-person classes for pre-licensing and continuing education courses.
- Donaldson develops the content and materials to help the students pass the exams easily.
- The school offers a Pass guarantee and pays for a retake if the student fails the exam.
The pre-licensing online courses are cheaper than the in-person classes in Metairie. The online self-study course is $175, which will give you access for 30 days. On the other hand, the in-person class at Metairie Campus is $545 for six weeks and $625 for 150 hours for the night session.
What I Like
Donaldson Real Estate School has many good points, but I like the most that it offers in-person classes to students in Metairie. Besides that, Donaldson educational services provide teachers that can make your real estate education more engaging.
What I Dislike
I don’t like that there is not a lot of course variety offered by this school. Plus, there is limited course access, such as 30 to 90 days of access.
Real Estate Express is my second pick as it offers the 90-hour pre-licensing course and exam prep option in the same package.
- Best For Course Variety
- Price: Pre-licensing 172.80, Exam prep $99
Real Estate Express has been one of the top real estate schools in the U.S. for more than two decades. The school offers different materials and features for all types of learners, such as audio playback, ebooks, a real estate dictionary, and more. From pre-licensing courses to exam prep and continuing education, the school offers everything you need to get a Louisiana real estate license. The school has a team of real estate professionals to help you launch a successful career.
- Real Estate Express offers affordable and comprehensive packages that contain 90-hour pre-licensing courses with exam prep.
- Their exam prep package includes practice exams, custom exams, digital flashcards, and final exams for thorough preparation.
- The school offers helpful videos and education courses to help the students clear their concepts about real estate licensing in Louisiana.
- The school offers Question and Answer webinars with instructors that can assist the students in understanding the courses in a better way.
- The Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee shows that the school is sure about its students’ success in the real estate license exams.
Real Estate Express offers the basic 90-hour pre-licensing package for $172.80 in Louisiana. Besides that, two packages include pre-licensing and exam preparation, which are between $210.60 and $253.80. The Ultimate Learning package is for $310.80 and includes the 90-hour pre-licensing course, exam prep, and other features.
What I Like
I’m impressed with the school’s reputation for providing quality real estate education across the state. It is one of the best real estate schools operating throughout the country and offers great student support.
What I Dislike
In spite of being a well-known school in the country, the school doesn’t offer a single in-person location. Besides that, all the courses offered by the school require much reading to prepare for the exam.
Best for Flexibility
Bob Brooks School of Real Estate is one of my top picks in Louisiana because of the excellent flexibility it offers to the students.
- Best For Flexibility
- Price: $299 for pre-licensing, $124 for exam prep
Bob Brooks offers pre-licensing, post-licensing, and continuing education in Louisiana and Mississippi. The school allows you to study at your own pace for courses that are easy to understand and access. You can set your schedule with the flexible courses they provide. To increase engagement and interest, the school also provides online videos to help students understand the concepts. The school has provided good quality real estate education for around five decades and is well-known among aspiring agents.
- The school offers direct access to your instructor, who can help you if you have to ask a question or understand a concept.
- There are no hidden costs, and all the prices for the packages are included with all the materials along with a full subscription.
- The courses are user-friendly and easy to navigate; they are created with the students’ flexibility in mind.
- Their courses are 100% online and include reading materials, state-approved instructor support, videos, and quizzes.
- The school also offers the first six lessons for free, allowing you to try the course before you buy.
Bob Brooks School of real estate offers a Salesperson pre-licensing course for $299 and the exam prep for $124.
What I Like
What I appreciate most about this school is that it tries to help the students pursue their real estate education. They offer free classes and affordable packages on their user-friendly platform.
What I Dislike
There are a few areas that need improvement too. For instance, they offer limited study courses and packages for students who look forward to getting a license. Plus, there are no details on the official website regarding Pass Guarantee.
4. The CE Shop
Best for Latest Courses
I have picked The CE Shop as the best real estate school in Louisiana as it offers excellent real estate career opportunities for a strong start.
- Best For Latest Courses
- Price: $209.25 for pre-licensing, $93.75 for salesperson exam prep
The CE Shop offers the latest online real estate courses to aspiring agents across the U.S. The school provides pre-licensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam prep in Louisiana. There are a variety of packages for pre-licensing, and all courses come with lots of study materials, including ebooks and other career resources. Besides that, there are lots of educational and career resources and real estate glossaries to help the students. The school is ARELLO certified and offers a fair fund policy and a pass guarantee.
- They offer the latest and updated courses so students can keep up with the new laws and real estate Louisiana market changes.
- LEAP’s custom online learning solution is designed to make studying more interactive and offer a real-world real estate school experience.
- Their coursework is comprehensive and dynamic and is designed to help the students pass the Louisiana licensing exam easily.
- They have provided a breakdown of their pass rates on their official website, which shows that most of their students pass the exam on their first attempt.
- Their exam prep packages include unlimited practice exams, study lessons by topics, initial assessment, and interactive dashboards.
The CE Shop offers four different packages for pre-licensing in Louisiana. The most affordable course consists of only 90 hours of pre-licensing classes, which is $209.25. The Premium package is $404.25 and includes all the courses and features, including exam prep. Their exam prep packages vary from $56.25 to $93.75.
What I Like
What I like most about this school is that they continuously update their courses to keep up with the updated real estate laws. Besides that, they offer great versatility in terms of courses and packages.
What I Dislike
I think the school should allow the students to have access to live instructors and get more instructor support. Online instructor support is one thing that I feel needs improvement.
Best for In-Person Classes
Burk Baker School of Real Estate is on my list as it offers one of the best physical classroom environments to aspiring agents in Louisiana.
- Best For In-person classes
- Price: $495 for pre-licensing
Burk Baker School of Real Estate offers in-person and online classes to students in Louisiana and Mississippi. The school has been in the real estate industry since 1981. It has a team of experienced and professional real estate experts. They offer affordable online courses with hybrid learning options and varying access days. The school also allows you to split different courses and choose from the various course access. You can select access for six months, three months, or one month.
- The school offers flexibility to attend day or evening classes for those students who want to take classes alongside other responsibilities.
- There are math sessions, review sessions, and math tutoring for the in-person classes.
- The school provides a two-day review class so that you can prepare yourself for the upcoming courses.
- There is three-month access for live classes, allowing you to get information even after completing the course.
- They also offer a two-week accelerated classroom option for those who want to finish the course quickly.
The 90-hour pre-licensing classes for a salesperson are for $495, while the broker licensing courses are for $575.
What I Like
I like this school because it offers the option to get online classes and the traditional classroom environment for those who prefer a real-world real estate school experience.
What I Dislike
I think that the school needs to add more features and user-friendliness to its online course options. There are a few features that are available for in-person students only.
Best for Interactive Formats
Mbition is one of my favorites as it offers an interactive online platform for real estate students.
- Best for Interactive Formats
- Price: $209.25 for prelicensing,
Mbition is a renowned name in the real estate industry. It has more than five decades of experience in the field and a team of experienced professionals to guide you throughout the courses. The school offers pre-licensing, post-licensing, exam prep, and continuing education courses. It operates as a part of The CE Shop and helps in the career development of new and practicing real estate agents. The school aims to provide a thorough understanding of the relevant laws and regulations for Louisiana real estate.
- The school allows you to learn the state-approved courses for Louisiana real estate licenses at home.
- The school offers flexible scheduling that allows you to have full control over how you complete the courses.
- They offer lots of resources and course books along with additional reference aid to help you pass the exam.
- Their content is engaging and contains real-world examples so that the concepts are more clear and more understandable.
- There is a free 5-days trial that allows you to access all of the content and see their offerings.
The school offers four different packages, which include the Premium, Value, and Standard packages, along with a package that allows you to choose courses only without any extra features. The most affordable one of these is the courses-only package which costs $209.25.
What I Like
I really appreciate that Mbition offers a free trial to the students who wish to have a look at the courses before purchasing them. This is a useful feature as it helps the students make an informed decisions.
What I Dislike
I think the school should offer more chances to get the final exams. While some schools allow unlimited passing attempts, Mbition allows you to make only two attempts to pass the state exam.
How Hard is the Louisiana Real Estate Exam?
The Louisiana Real Estate Exam is one of the most challenging state exams to clear in the U.S. However, you will easily get through if you have chosen a good real estate school program with comprehensive exam prep courses.
The Louisiana real estate exam consists of 135 questions, out of which 80 are national, and 55 are state questions. To pass the exam, you must score at least 60 for the state portion and 40 on the national. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. Many real estate schools in Louisiana offer exam prep packages with plenty of practice questions and exercises. You can choose one from our list according to your preference and customize it according to your real estate career goals.
How Long is Louisiana Real Estate School?
Getting a Louisiana real estate license can take as little as three months, but most students take around six months to complete the course. The Louisiana real estate schools have different schedules for the 90-hour pre-licensing course, and it depends on the duration offered by the schools too. For instance, the Burk Bakers School of Real Estate allows you to complete the course in two weeks, which is the quickest option. To get a real estate license in Louisiana, you must also consider other factors, such as applying for the state exam and obtaining the result, which might take a few months.
How Much Does a Realtor Make in Louisiana?
According to ZipRecruiter, a real estate agent makes around $67,205 annually in Louisiana. Besides that, realtors earn as high as $156,401 in real estate transactions per year and as low as $14,821 per year. To become proficient in this field and have an excellent real estate career, you must choose a school that allows you to get the best real estate education in the state. Plus, for every advancement in your real estate career, you’ll see an increase in your salary according to real estate school experience and expertise.
A real estate career in Louisiana is lucrative, especially if you get a license from a reputable school. The Louisiana real estate schools we have reviewed in this post are one of the most reliable ones. After obtaining a real estate license in Louisiana, you can also choose Continuing Education courses from these schools to polish your skills and keep up with the trend. Choose one of the schools from my list of reviews and start your real estate career in Louisiana today.