Hello, welcome to our Rhode Island Real Estate Practice Exam. This free practice exam is here to help you master the state-specific portion of the Rhode Island real estate exam. In Rhode Island, there are 130 questions on the exam (80 on the national portion and on the 50 state portion). For help with the national portion, we have our national real estate practice test. That section can be used to study the topics featured on those 100 questions. For help with the state portion you're in the right place! This section can be used to study the topics featured on those 50 questions. The two most effective study tools for the Rhode Island state exam portion are using real estate practice exams and learning Rhode Island state-specific license laws. Our state-specific real estate practice exam is a fantastic tool to help you grasp your state's real estate topics. It works just like our national real estate practice exam and is updated annually. Usually, using the state practice exam is enough for students to grasp the concepts. However, if you want more, the single most important resource out there is the laws they base the questions on. If you haven't looked at your state's Real Estate Statutes or Regulations, it's strongly recommended. The test makers take snippets of laws applicable to your state and use them for the questions. We use the actual state laws to create our questions, which is why some of the questions may look familiar to you. Some websites and prep providers do not, and that's the secret. You need to know your state's laws. Furthermore, It would be best if you read through your laws at least once, and that's the greatest advice we can give you. Trust us, we know it can be very time-consuming, but reading through each one of these will provide you with precisely the information you need to pass. Best of luck, reach out if you need anything, Real Estate License Wizard Team
Rhode Island Real Estate Statutes and Regulations
Here is our list of recommended Real Estate Statutes and Regulations you need to know:
- Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons 230-RICR-30-20-2 Active Rules https://rules.sos.ri.gov/regulations/part/230-30-20-2
- Rhode Island Real Estate Commission Frequently Asked Questions https://dbr.ri.gov/commercial-licensing/real-estate/real-estate-commission-frequently-asked-questions
- Rhode Island Relationships in Residential Real Estate Transactions http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE5/5-20.6/INDEX.HTM
- Residential Landlord and Tenant Act http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/title34/34-18/index.htm
NOTE: State websites update semi-frequently and sometimes their website URLs change. If any of the links posted below do not work, please reach out and we will update the links promptly. Thank you.
Rhode Island’s Real Estate Exam FAQ’s
Have a question about the real estate exam? Find the answers to all your real estate license questions here:
What are Rhode Island’s Real Estate License Requirements?
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are Rhode Island’s requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must complete a background check.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses (45 credit hours).
- Estimated cost of total fees and license: $140 / $145
How Hard is the Rhode Island Real Estate Exam?
The real estate exam is a rigorous and challenging test that weeds out those who are not committed to being skilled agents. To pass the exam in Rhode Island, you’ll need to get a scaled score of at least 70%. With a total of 130 questions (80 national and 50 state), that means the score to pass is 56 for the national and 35 for the state.
How Many Questions Can You Miss on the Rhode Island Real Estate Exam?
In Rhode Island, you can miss 24 questions on the national and 15 on the state and still pass the real estate exam.
How Many Times Can You Take the Rhode Island Real Estate Exam?
You can take the Rhode Island licensing exam an unlimited amount of times, but it must be passed within one year after passing through the 45-hour pre-licensing course.
What Is on the Rhode Island Real Estate Exam?
The 130 multiple-choice questions on the salesperson examination cover a variety of topics that are relevant to Rhode Island real estate license law. Here are what topics you are expected to know:
Rhode Island Portion Salesperson:
- Rhode Island Real Estate Commission and Licensing Requirements
- Rhode Island Laws Governing the Activities of Licensees
- Rhode Island Real Estate Agency
- Rhode Island Specific Real Estate Principles and Practices
- Rhode Island Fair Housing Law
Rhode Island National Portion Salesperson:
- Property Ownership
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuation and Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Property Disclosures
- Leasing and Property Management
- Transfer of Title
- Practice of Real Estate
Want Rhode Island Real Estate Exam Prep?
Between our real estate practice exams, real estate prep, and educational video lessons – there is no better way to prepare for your exam day.
We’ve seen our students get results countless times so we’re proud to stand behind our content. Your success is everything to us, which is why we offer a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’ve helped thousands of motivated people pass their real estate exams and make their dreams come true. Ready to get started?