Hello, welcome to our Tennessee Real Estate Practice Exam. This free practice exam is here to help you master the state-specific portion of the Tennesseereal estate exam. In Tennessee, there are 120 questions on the exam (80 national and 40 state). For help with the national portion, we have our free national practice quiz. That section can be used to study the topics featured on those 80 questions. For help with the state portion, you're in the right place! This section can be used to study the topics featured on those 40 questions. The two most effective study tools for the Tennessee state exam portion are using real estate practice exams and learning Tennessee state-specific license laws. Our state-specific practice exam is a fantastic tool to help you grasp your state's real estate topics. It works just like the national practice exam and is updated annually. Usually, using the state practice exam is enough for students to grasp the concepts. However, if you want more, the single most important resource out there is the laws they base the questions on. If you haven't looked at your state's Real Estate Statutes or Regulations, it's strongly recommended. The test makers take snippets of laws applicable to your state and use them for the questions. We use the actual state laws to create our questions, which is why some of the questions may look familiar to you. Some websites and prep providers do not, and that's the secret. You need to know your state's laws. Furthermore, It would be best if you read through your laws at least once, and that's the greatest advice we can give you. Trust us, we know it can be very time-consuming, but reading through each one of these will provide you with precisely the information you need to pass. Best of luck, reach out if you need anything, Real Estate License Wizard Team
Tennessee Real Estate Statutes and Regulations
Here is our list of recommended Real Estate Statutes and Regulations you need to know:
- 1260-01 Licensing, 1260-02 Rules of Conduct, 1260-03 Rental Location Agents, 1260-04 Rules of Procedure For Hearing Contested Cases, 1260-05 Educational Requirements, 1260-06 Time-Share Programs,1260-07 Vacation Lodging Services https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/rules/1260/1260.htm
- Part 1-6 https://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-62/chapter-13
- Timeshare Definitions https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-66-property/tn-code-sect-66-32-102.html
- Real Estate Commission FAQ’s https://support.commerce.tn.gov/hc/en-us/categories/200695848-Real-Estate-Commission
- Unlicensed Assistants (Do’s and Don’ts) https://support.commerce.tn.gov/hc/en-us/articles/209640307-What-CAN-T-an-unlicensed-real-estate-employee-assistant-or-secretary-do-
NOTE: State websites update semi-frequently and sometimes their website URLs change. If any of the links posted below do not work, please reach out and we will update the links promptly. Thank you.
Tennessee Real Estate Exam FAQ’s
Have a question about the real estate exam? Find the answers to all your real estate license questions here:
What are Tennessee’s Real Estate License Requirements?
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are Tennessee requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have proof of errors and omissions insurance.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses (60 credit hours).
- Estimated cost of total fees and license: $110
How Hard is the Tennessee Real Estate Exam?
The real estate exam is a rigorous and challenging test that weeds out those who are not committed to being skilled agents. To pass the exam in Tennessee, the score to pass is 56 on the national and 28 on the state. With a total of 120 questions (80 national and 40 state).
How Many Questions Can You Miss on the Tennessee Real Estate Exam?
In Tennessee, you can miss 24 questions on the national and 12 on the state and still pass the real estate exam.
How Many Times Can You Take the Tennessee Real Estate Exam?
Tennessee allows up to 3 attempts to pass both the exam’s national and state law portions. If you fail one portion of the Tennessee real estate exam 3 times or your test period expires, you’ll need to retake your state-specific pre-licensing.
What Is on the Tennessee Real Estate Exam?
The 120 multiple-choice questions on the examination cover a variety of topics that are relevant to Tennessee real estate license law. Here are what topics you are expected to know:
Tennessee State Portion Salesperson:
- Tennessee Duties and Powers of Real Estate Commission
- Tennessee Broker/Affiliate Relationships
- Tennessee Specific Handling of Trust/Escrow Funds
- Tennessee Handling of Documents and Record Keeping
- Tennessee Licensing Requirements
- Tennessee Advertising and Marketing
- Tennessee Other Improper Activities and Consumer Protection
- Tennessee Agency and Disclosure Issues
- Other Special Areas of Practice
Tennessee National Portion Salesperson:
- Property Ownership
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuation and Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Property Disclosures
- Leasing and Property Management
- Transfer of Title
- Practice of Real Estate
- Real Estate Calculations
Want Tennessee Real Estate Exam Prep?
With our exam prep, practice tests, and educational videos – there is no better way to prepare for your real estate exam and get your license.
We’ve seen our students get results numerous times. Your success is essential to us, so we stand by our products, which is why we offer a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’ve helped thousands of motivated people pass their real estate license exams and make their dreams come true. Ready to pass?