Hello, welcome to our Illinois Real Estate Practice Exam. This free practice exam is here to help you master the state-specific portion of the Illinois real estate exam. In Illinois, there are 140 questions on the exam (100 on the national portion and on the 40 state portion). For help with the national portion we have our free national practice quiz. That section can be used to study the topics featured on those 100 questions. For help with the state portion you're in the right place! This section can be used to study the topics featured on those 40 questions. The two most effective study tools for the Illinois state exam portion are using real estate practice exams, and learning Illinois state-specific license laws. Our state-specific real estate practice exam is a fantastic tool to help you grasp your state's real estate topics. It works just like our national real estate practice exam and is updated annually. Usually, using the state practice exam is enough for students to grasp the concepts. However, if you want more, the single most important resource out there is the laws they base the questions on. If you haven't looked at your state's Real Estate Statutes or Regulations, it's strongly recommended. The test makers take snippets of laws applicable to your state and use them for the questions. We use the actual state laws to create our questions, which is why some of the questions may look familiar to you. Some websites and prep providers do not, and that's the secret. You need to know your state's laws. Furthermore, It would be best if you read through your laws at least once, and that's the greatest advice we can give you. Trust us, we know it can be very time-consuming, but reading through each one of these will provide you with precisely the information you need to pass. Best of luck, reach out if you need anything, Real Estate License Wizard Team
Illinois Real Estate Statutes and Regulations
Here is our list of recommended Real Estate Statutes and Regulations you need to know:
- Illinois Real Estate License Act https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs5.asp?ActID=1364&ChapterID=24
- Illinois Real Estate Appraiser Licensing Act https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs5.asp?ActID=1368&ChapterID=24
- Illinois Compiled Statutes https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=022504540K15-45
- Illinois Human Rights Act https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs5.asp?ActID=2266&ChapterID=64
- Illinois Escrow Account Record Keeping Requirements https://idfpr.illinois.gov/Forms/DRE/EscrowRequirements-1005.pdf
- Illinois Agency Relationships https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=022504540HArt%2E+15&ActID=1364&ChapterID=24&SeqStart=4184375&SeqEnd=5700000
NOTE: State websites update semi-frequently and sometimes their website URLs change. If any of the links posted below do not work, please reach out and we will update the links promptly. Thank you.
Illinois’s Real Estate Exam FAQ’s
Have a question about the real estate exam? Find the answers to all your real estate license questions here:
What are Illinois’s Real Estate License Requirements?
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are Illinois’s requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses (15 credit hours).
- Estimated cost of total fees and license: $121
How Hard is the Illinois Real Estate Exam?
The real estate exam is a rigorous and challenging test that weeds out those who are not committed to being skilled agents. To pass the exam in Illinois, you’ll need to get a scaled score of at least 75%. With a total of 140 questions (100 national and 40 state), that means the score to pass is 75 for the national and 30 for the state.
How Many Questions Can You Miss on the Illinois Real Estate Exam?
In Illinois, you can miss 25 questions on the national and 10 on the state and still pass the real estate exam.
How Many Times Can You Take the Illinois Real Estate Exam?
If you do not pass both the national and state law portions of the exam after three attempts, then you must redo your pre-licensing.
What Is on the Illinois Real Estate Exam?
The 140 multiple-choice questions on the salesperson examination cover a variety of topics that are relevant to Illinois real estate license law. Here are what topics you are expected to know:
Illinois State Portion:
- Purpose of Illinois License Law
- Rules and Regulations of Illinois Real Estate Administration and Disciplinary Board of the Department
- Illinois Licensing Requirements
- Illinois Agency and License Disclosures
Illinois National Portion:
- Property Ownership
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuation and Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Property Disclosures
- Leasing and Property Management
- Transfer of Title
- Practice of Real Estate
- Real Estate Calculations
Want Illinois Real Estate Exam Prep?
With our real estate exam prep, practice exams, and extensive video lessons – there is no better way to prepare for your real estate exam.
We’ve seen our students get results countless times so we’re proud to stand behind our content. Your success is important to us, which is why we offer a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’ve helped thousands of motivated people get their real estate licenses and make their dreams come true. Ready to pass?