Hello, welcome to our Colorado Real Estate Practice Exam. This free practice exam is here to help you master the state-specific portion of the Colorado real estate exam. In Colorado, there are 154 questions on the exam (80 national and 74 state). For help with the national portion, we have our national real estate practice test. That section can be used to study the topics featured on those 80 questions. This section can be used to study the topics featured on those 74 questions. For ALL test takers, it's recommended you study BOTH sections (the national and the state). The two most effective study tools for the Colorado state exam portion are using real estate practice exams, and learning Colorado state-specific license laws. Our state-specific real estate practice exam is a fantastic tool to help you grasp your state's real estate topics. It works just like our national real estate practice exam and is updated annually. Usually, using the state practice exam is enough for students to grasp the concepts. However, if you want more, the single most important resource out there is the laws they base the questions on. If you haven't looked at your state's Real Estate Statutes or Regulations, it's strongly recommended. The test makers take snippets of laws applicable to your state and use them for the questions. We use the actual state laws to create our questions, which is why some of the questions may look familiar to you. Some websites and prep providers do not, and that's the secret. You need to know your state's laws. Furthermore, It would be best if you read through your laws at least once, and that's the greatest advice we can give you. Trust us, we know it can be very time-consuming, but reading through each one of these will provide you with precisely the information you need to pass. Best of luck, reach out if you need anything, Real Estate License Wizard Team
Colorado Real Estate Statutes and Regulations
Here is our list of recommended Real Estate Statutes and Regulations you need to know:
- Real Estate Manual, Program Rules, and Position Statements – Chapters 1-5 https://dre.colorado.gov/real-estate-manual-and-position-statements
- Colorado Revised Statutes Title 12 – Professions and Occupations General – Continued Article 61 – Real Estate https://law.justia.com/codes/colorado/2016/title-12/general-continued/article-61
- Division of Real Estate Rules Regarding Real Estate Brokers https://www.sos.state.co.us/CCR/GenerateRulePdf.do?ruleVersionId=7014&fileName=4%20CCR%20725-1
- Colorado Foreclosure Protection Act https://dre.colorado.gov/division-notifications/understanding-colorado-foreclosure-protection-act
NOTE: State websites update semi-frequently and sometimes their website URLs change. If any of the links posted below do not work, please reach out and we will update the links promptly. Thank you.
Colorado’s Real Estate Exam FAQs
Have a question about the real estate exam? Find the answers to all your real estate license questions here:
What are Colorado’s Real Estate License Requirements?
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are Colorado’s requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must complete a background check.
- Must have proof of errors and omissions insurance.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses (168 credit hours).
- Estimated cost of total fees and license: $595
How Hard is the Colorado Real Estate Exam?
The real estate exam is a rigorous and challenging test that weeds out those who are not committed to being skilled agents. Colorado has one of the hardest real estate exams because of its amount of state questions. With a total of 154 questions (80 national and 74 state), the score to pass is 60 for the national and 53 for the state.
How Many Questions Can You Miss on the Colorado Real Estate Exam?
In Colorado, you can miss 20 questions on the national and 21 on the state and still pass the real estate exam.
How Many Times Can You Take the Colorado Real Estate Exam?
There are no limits to the number of times you can take your real estate exam, but it must be passed within one year after passing through the 168-hour pre-licensing course.
What Is on the Colorado Real Estate Exam?
The 154 multiple-choice questions on the broker examination cover a variety of topics that are relevant to Colorado real estate license law. Here are what topics you are expected to know:
Colorado Portion Salesperson:
- Colorado Real Estate Commission and Licensing Requirements
- Colorado Laws Governing the Activities of Licensees
- Colorado Real Estate Agency
- Colorado Specific Real Estate Principles and Practices
- Colorado Fair Housing Law
Colorado National Portion Salesperson:
- Property Ownership
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuation and Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Property Disclosures
- Leasing and Property Management
- Transfer of Title
- Practice of Real Estate
Want Colorado Real Estate Exam Prep?
Between our real estate practice exams, real estate prep, and educational video lessons – there is no better way to prepare for your exam day.
We’ve seen our students get results countless times so we’re proud to stand behind our content. Your success is everything to us, which is why we offer a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’ve helped thousands of motivated people pass their real estate exams and make their dreams come true. Ready to get started?