Hello, welcome to our California Real Estate Practice Exam. In California, there are 150 questions on the exam. Many states have a national portion and a state portion, but California has one section combining both for a total of 150 questions. The two most effective study tools for the state exam are practice exams and learning the state-specific license laws. Our state-specific practice exam is a fantastic tool to help you grasp your state's real estate topics. It works just like the national practice exam and is updated annually. Usually, using the state practice exam is enough for students to grasp the concepts. However, if you want more, the single most important resource out there is the laws they base the questions on. If you haven't looked at your state's Real Estate Statutes or Regulations, it's strongly recommended. The test makers take snippets of laws applicable to your state and use them for the questions. We use the actual state laws to create our questions, which is why some of the questions may look familiar to you. Some websites and prep providers do not, and that's the secret. You need to know your state's laws. Furthermore, It would be best if you read through your laws at least once, and that's the greatest advice we can give you. Trust us, we know it can be very time-consuming, but reading through each one of these will provide you with precisely the information you need to pass. Best of luck, reach out if you need anything, Real Estate License Wizard Team
California Real Estate Statutes and Regulations
Here is our list of recommended Real Estate Statutes and Regulations you need to know:
California Law Home Page: https://dre.ca.gov/Publications/RealEstateLaw.html
- Regulations of the Real Estate Commissioner https://dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/relaw/2022/regs.pdf
- Administrative Procedure Act https://dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/relaw/2022/adminlaw.pdf
- Real Estate Law, Subdivided Lands Law and Vacation Ownership and Time-share Act of 2004 https://dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/relaw/2022/relaw.pdf
- Unruh Civil Rights Act https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2017/12/DFEH_UnruhFactSheet.pdf
- Holden Act https://dfpi.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/337/2019/02/Holden-Act-Report-2017.pdf
- Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety https://ssc.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2020/08/20-01_hog.pdf
NOTE: State websites update semi-frequently and sometimes their website URLs change. If any of the links posted below do not work, please reach out and we will update the links promptly. Thank you.
California Real Estate Exam FAQ’s
Have a question about the real estate exam? Find the answers to all your real estate license questions here:
What are California’s Real Estate License Requirements?
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are California’s requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must complete a background check.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses (135 credit hours).
- Estimated cost of total fees and license: $305
How Hard is the California Real Estate Exam?
The real estate exam is a rigorous and challenging test that weeds out those who are not committed to being skilled agents. To pass the exam in California, you’ll need to get a score of at least 70%. With a total of 150 questions, that means the score to pass is 105.
How Many Questions Can You Miss on the California Real Estate Exam?
In California, you can miss 45 questions and still pass the real estate exam.
How Many Times Can You Take the California Real Estate Exam?
There are no limits to the number of times you can take your real estate exam, but it must be passed within two years after passing through the 135-hour pre-licensing course.
What Is on the California Real Estate Exam?
The 150 multiple-choice questions on the salesperson examination cover a variety of topics that are relevant to California real estate license law. Here is what topics you are expected to know:
California General Exam Topics:
- Property Ownership
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuation and Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Property Disclosures
- Leasing and Property Management
- Transfer of Title
- Practice of Real Estate
California State Exam Topics:
- California State License Law
- California Department of Real Estate (DRE) Purpose and Guidelines
- California Real Estate Prohibited Practices
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Unruh Civil Rights Act
- Holden Act
Want California Real Estate Exam Prep?
Between our real estate prep materials, real estate practice tests, and video lessons – there is no better way to prepare for your real estate exam.
We’ve seen our students get results time and time again so we’re proud to stand behind our content. Your success is important to us, which is why we offer a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’ve helped thousands of people pass their real estate exams and get their real estate licenses. Ready to pass?